SELS is a free service that offers 45-minute consultations to international undergraduate students to help further develop their English skills. During a consultation, students can work with trained consultants on any English language skill, including reading, writing, speaking, listening, pronunciation, and cultural adaptation. Students can bring in specific asignments or work on more general English language goals.
Benefits of using SELS services include improved:
- speaking skills for giving presentations, participating in class discussions, communicating with instructors and classmates
- grammar in speaking and writing
- listening comprehension of class lectures and discussions
- reading comprehension of academic texts
- vocabulary development
- Consultations available online